Chapter 7- Thrown Out
Questions to Think About or Discuss
1. Why was Caiaphas so angry when Eli told him about seeing Jesus alive?
2. Why was Eli thrown out of the temple, never to serve as a priest again?
3. What things caused Eli to conclude that Jesus was the Messiah they had been waiting for?
3. Why did Sarah say that everything would be new and different now?
1. Imagine that you are a priest assigned to serve in the temple in Jerusalem on the day after Jesus died. You were not there when the temple curtain tore. Write a story about what happens when you come for your time of service in the temple. Imagine that today you are chosen to burn the incense sacrifice. What do the other priests tell you about what happened yesterday? What conclusions do you make when you go into the Holy Place to burn the incense and see the torn temple curtain? What thoughts do you have as you gaze into the Holy of Holies (something you have never seen before)?
2. In this chapter, a priest named Jacob asks Eli to explain how his sins can be forgiven by Jesus’ death. Write a letter to Jacob (or to anyone else you choose) explaining how our sins can be forgiven by Jesus’ death.